Saturday, November 28, 2009

Best Ever Guitar Chair

It has been a while since I posted status on any new project. This is a project I embarked on a few months ago. I have been searching the internet for a folding guitar chair that I can use for playing classical guitar. I found one and built a prototype out o plywood just to see how well it worked. I was disappointed. It was unstable because it has only a swing out leg. I proceeded to build a prototype with two swing out legs and with 4 points of support it is a LOT more stable. Also a feature I added is a fold out leg support which is a substitute for using a footstool. It raises the left leg the same height as my custom built footstool. For you guitarists out there looking for a unique chair on which you can practice for hours, this might be the one. The back is sloped to support the lower lumbar area. The seat is cutaway to facilitate lowering the right leg for that classic position.

No comments: